Monday, October 4, 2010

What a Gas!



Happy Monday!  This week's BBTB2 challenge is to use the pointing finger/hand from Graphically Speaking.  There were no special guidelines for using the challenge cut so I came up with my own plan.  Yesterday was my husband's birthday and I decided to incorporate the pointing finger into a "man humor" card.  I say man humor because truly I do not get the humor in the whole "pull my finger" thing.  Sigh...


I used three cartridges to create the is card, Graphically Speaking, Going Places, and George & Basic Shapes.  The card was created using Basic Grey and Bazzill cardstock along with Basic Gray tags, brads, and paper ribbon trim. 


I have mixed feelings about telling you that my husband loved his card.  He actually laughed out loud.  It is currently sitting in a place of honor on the mantle.  I half expected it to end up on his desk at work... And it still may. 

*** Update:  I just looked up at the mantle and guess what is no longer sitting there?  I do believe the card now has a spot of honor in his office!!


In addition to creating this card this weekend, I also completed next week's BBTB2 challenge project (which I cannot wait to share with you) and I used my YuDu and printed fall napkins.  I will share more on the YuDu project tomorrow - and yes, I actually used the cricut to create the YuDu project!!

14 comments:

Celeste B. said...

I know my husband would love it!! Such a creative idea! TFS (is that appropriate to say to this type of card?!) Just kidding, so creative! :)

Beckie W said...

I so love this card!! It is truly a man card. Which is some times the hardest type to create! Thanks for sharing.

CelticWoman said...

Susan great card. hugs

Margie said...

LOL! Great card Susan! Love all of those wild colors going on!

Julia Moss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia Moss said...

Oh Susan, I always love your take on the projects. Great job!

Crafty Carrie said...

This card is so funny, it would go over great in my household of men

Brens Designs said...

This is so unique and cute! What a great card!

Heather said...

LOL! This is just so much fun!! I love that your husband took it to work. Is the gas tank from Going Places or did you build it using George?

**Treefrog** said...

LOL isn't it amazing the things that make men happy! Ken and McCade both got a chuckle out of your card (and shhh don't tell anyone , I did too, lol) It really was a great idea. TFS
((Hugs)) Theresa

critterbugg365 said...

This is so cool! I showed my husband your card and he loved it!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Hilarious, Susan! I have to admit I don't get the "pull my finger" thingy either but the gas, HeeHee! Great that your hubby appreciates your cards. xxD

joeygirl86 said...

This is so funny! love it!!

Jeri said...

Fantastic card,Susan. Though like you, I don't get the pull my finger guy humor either. Who can explain men...LOL Glad to hear it went to the office.