Sunday, September 12, 2010

Still Living in the Christmas zone


It is not even officially fall and I have been living in the Christmas zone for a couple of weeks now. I promise that I have not skipped Halloween or Thanksgiving - I am just obsessively trying to finish my Christmas cards.  Using the same design I previously used to make "flat" card, I changed the middle design.


I used one of my favorite Christmas stamps, the circular Merry Christmas and added a cardstock sticker to the center. I stamped the image in embossing ink then added green embossing powder before heat embossing the design.  I then cut the stamped image out using the circle nesties and matted it on the scalloped circle nestie.  I also used one of my favorite new toys, the I-Rock tool and added red, yellow, and green gems to the embossed design and the flowers. 

I finished the card with Merry Christmas ribbon, a Stampin' Up border stamp and silk poinsettias!  I am currently all caught up on Christmas cards and feeling good about moving on to other projects.... Like the Yudu!!!   Coming soon - napkin assortments!!!

5 comments:

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Beautiful card. I love that you are making flat cards with postage in mind! :) I need to do that instead of having to double up my postage every Christmas (and with 50+ cards going out, it sure adds up)!

Amy K said...

This is great! That stamp is awesome!
I just can't quite get motivated to make Christmas cards yet, but I have been making some handmade gifts and planning for others, so I guess I'm on the right track! LOL!
Thanks for sharing your creations Susan!

Susan from SC said...

Super cute, Susan!!! Your talent never ceases to amaze me! I've been wondering about the i-Rock. Would you recommend it? Is it any better than just buying the stick-on gems?

Susan said...

Hi Susan! Yes, I really like the I-Rock. The gems stay put better than the sticky version. Also you can use them on fabric too. So you could do something super-cute for Clemson spirit! Oh, MFK is at Clemson this weekend.... It is parent's weekend with the band.

hugs,
Susan

Lisa said...

This is a beautiful card Susan!! I love the nesties..I hope to be able to invest in some shapes soon. I think they give a card such a lovely look! Love the stamp, and good for you for getting the Christmas card chores done early. I am hoping to get on the good foot here soon!
I too want to make flatter cards, to avoid the double postage or the metering that has to be done...so much more easier in the long run I think!

Crafty Hugs,
Your neighbor in GA, LOL
LisaRN499