Monday, August 23, 2010

You Make Me Feel Like Dancing


Happy BBTB2 Monday!  I feel like dancing today, how about you?  This week the challenge cut at BBTB2 is the flamingo from Cricut's Life's a Beach cartridge.  I chose to use the triple flamingo cut on my card.  After all, if one flamingo is good, three must be even better, right?  And three dancing flamingos just take the prize!


I used two cartridges to create this card:  Life's a Beach and Happy Hauntings.  I am loving the frames on Happy Hauntings!  I also used long nestabilities, plain and scalloped edge, as well as my I-Rock.  I added silver beads to the flamingos and to the sentiment statement.  I finished the card with a black and white striped ribbon, keeping with the formal feel of the card.


I wanted the background to be white, but not just flat white.  I used a herringbone embossing folder and created a background insert for the frame.  I am so happy that I remembered to emboss.  I am not sure why, but I almost never remember to use embossing folders with my BBTB2 projects.  I believe I get so involved in using the Cricut that I forget about embossing.  I remembered today AFTER I used the nesties.


If you have not already done so, please stop by BBTB2 and check out the FABULOUS projects.  My design team sisters WOW me every single week!

18 comments:

Katherine said...

Love the card Susan but you're NOT helping, I was determined not to purchase a Halloween cart but you've convinced me that I NEED Happy Hauntings.

Susan said...

LOL. Oh Katherine, you KNOW you NEED it!!

Regina Easter said...

oh my oh my....isn't this adorable...hugs

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!!! Super cute! I'm still smiling, Thanks :)

joann said...

I cannot tell you how wonderful the frame for this card is. I just ordered the Halloween cart, now I can't wait to get it. i also forget how cool embossing looks. This card is incrediable!!!
JoAnn

Crayola58 said...

I am off to order the Haloween cart. You are an enabler, you are. I love your card. Funny we both took on that dancing motif. Great minds run.....
Hugs
Carole

Melissa said...

Susan that is just fabulous! I love the black and white and the sentiment is just perfect!

Susan from SC said...

UGH... how can I stop buying cartridges when you keep showing such amazing projects??? Now I MUST have the Happy Hauntings cartridge! Sigh! :)

Tracey said...

Wow!!!What a great card....you are right three is better!!

Diane said...

Great card - I just love those flamingoes dancing! I also thought I could live without Happy Hauntings...oh well, I'll have to add it to the list...

Erica said...

Gorgeous as always! I love the dancing idea!

Amy K said...

Very cute! Love the frame & the flamingos.

Julia Moss said...

This is so very elegant....perfect in every way

DonnaMundinger said...

Hee hee hee! What a fabulous chorus line! Love the black and white, love the frame, love the embossing, love it ALL! xxD

**Treefrog** said...

Susan this is a Beautiful Card and love the black and white you used! And I also have to giggle about the embossing, I get so caught up sometimes and everything glued together and then realized I forgot to emboss, LOL. So I know where your coming from but you made up for it this time, it looks GREAT! I'm also rethinking the Happy Haunting cart, I just may NEED to get it! LOL
Froggie ((Hugs)) Theresa

Heather said...

This is just stunning!! I love the clean look of the black and white combo. That frame is incredible!! WOW!

joeygirl86 said...

This is great! I love all the bling!

Karen Pinsonat said...

Wow, this is such a gorgeous card! And now I'm itching to buy the Happy Hauntings cart just to have that frame.