Monday, August 16, 2010

Oh my, oh my..... What to do with the loot?


 Three and a half years ago my husband and I purchased a new home.  Before the paperwork was ever signed I had selected the smallest of the four bedrooms to be my scrapping room and the formal living room (that we never use) to be converted into an office/library for Doug.  Great plan.  We each had a room and our hobbies would not overflow into other areas.


Three and a half years later I am wishing I had selected the bonus room.  I have such a mess in my scraproom.  I have never unpacked and put away all of the loot from CHA and now I have double the piles because of my CKC shopping.  But what is an avid scrapper to do? I must have toys and scrap "stuff", right?  I know YOU understand.


Yesterday I began taking items out of their bags and boxes, planning to sort then into piles and put everything away.  That plan quickly deteriorated into a huge mess, with no real rhyme or reason.  I have reached the realization that until I reorganize the room contents I cannot hope to add in new supplies.


This is one of MANY issues I will have to resolve - pictured above are pages and pages of "unbooked" scrap pages.  I have completed the scrapping but need to purchase albums and move the finished albums to the office (yes, Doug's area - but the bookshelves are there).  By the way, there five more shelves of "unbooked" pages behind the bag!


To add to the confusion, I have a Yudu ordered, a Spellbinders Grand Calibur coming in October, and of course the new Cricut Imagine machine.  I think I need to add a shelf unit in the large closet and make additional storage in there.  Either that move to the bonus room!!

13 comments:

Gaby ~ Scrapabookaholic said...

I am with you!!! I too preordered the Spellbinders Calibur

Bella and Aidee Mom said...

Susan,
I think you should move to the bonus room....If you can't fit your stuff now think about the damage in another 6 months..LOL..Krista

Live Love and Scrap said...

Move to that bonus room....you deserve it =)
I wish I could come check out all your goodies....looks like GREAT stuff!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Dana said...

I know what you mean...never enough room. I organize and organize but still....oh well. Good luck.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

nels6454 said...

Move on up to the bonus room. I'll help you.

MFK

joeygirl86 said...

Wow..looks like you need a bigger room for all your goodies! lol..good luck organizing! :p

~JulieH~ said...

I say go for the bonus room! I'm sure your husband will understand :)
Hugs
Juliexx

SuzanneS said...

Now I do not feel so bad for the way my room looks...I am having to pull paper to make room for all I bought at CKU (now why did we have to have that paper at the Crop ?) I need to at least find my desk to pay some bills and decorate a crown...

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

I have about 3 years worth of pages not in a book!

Jennifer said...

I know the feeling!!! Half of the fun of this paper crafting hobby is accumulating the goods! ;)

I'm jealous! The hard part's done! Now all you have to do is hit a sale at Michael's to buy enough albums to put all of those gorgeous scrap pages in.

Have fun with all those goodies,

Jennifer

TereesaC said...

Hi, I love all your crafty furniture - looks great all in white. I, too, think you should take the bonus room (you'll need it eventually anyway LOL). I recently posted my room on my blog - www.uplate2create.blogspot.com (the pink room). If you like, check it out. It may give you a couple of ideas for storage. Have fun.

DonnaMundinger said...

I'm seriously thrilled I'm not the only one! xxD