Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My First Loralie Stamped Card - A CHA Purchase


While at the consumer show at CHA, I discovered Loralie stamps.  Apparently EVERYONE else knew about these hilarious stamps before me, but I am okay with that.  As long as I did FINALLY discover them!  I purchased two of the Loralie stamps, a swim suit cutie named... wait for it.... Susan!  And this fabulous woman.  Is she not THE cutest?


I had my scrapping girlfriends over earlier tonight to give them the little goodies I brought to them from CHA (and I do mean little).  I also pulled out all of the cool products I discovered and shared.  The groups' favorite Loralie was not Susan (insert sad face) but this nameless cutie.  So after everyone went home (and Duncan the lady-loving-wonder-dog settled down), I decided to try my first Loralie stamp.


I began with basic black staz-on ink and stamped the image.  The hat netting is a second stamp so I went ahead and added that.  I used a slate colored copic and began coloring the slacks and hat, and I added dark highlights to her hair and pearls.


I added pink to her top, her shoes and her flowers.  I added more gray colors to her hair and I used a micro-tipped black pen and added stripes to her purse and definition to her necklace and earrings, as well as additions swirls to her hair.  And finally I colored her skin, adding touches of shadows and sun.  I finished her with pink pearls on her earrings and dark blue eyes.


I cut the stamped image out and added pop dots to the back.  I then created this fun card using Three Bugs in a Rug paper, an old Deluxe cuts die cut, and organza ribbon.  I also added more of the die cute swirls and left over paper to the inside of the card.


I know that my staz-on and copics did not like each other, but I really do think the card came out cut for a first try!!!  I cannot wait to play with my second Loralie stamp!!

18 comments:

shari said...

Adorable! This stamp is too cute. Shari (cricutrookie)

nels6454 said...

Love it!

MFK

Linda said...

Wow I don't think I could do this one. The stamp is very cute.
You did an awesome job
Linda in Stanwood

Got2BCrafting said...

It's fabulous! What a fun stamp.
Lori
http://got2bcrafting.blogspot.com/

patg said...

she IS a cutie...love the card! when do you sleep?????

Maureen Reiss said...

AWESOME! I love her she's soo sassy

Maria said...

Ok..so now I have to get some of those stamps--thanks for the enable! Very, very cute card!

Maria

Susan said...

Yes Maria! You know you NEED them!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Love it!! I love the paper too...Three bugs in a rug? Gorgeous!

Melannie said...

Awesome card! Fresh, Fun, and Flashy! It screams Paris! :)

Regina Easter said...

girlfriend...love your coloring...hugs

Ladybug said...

Oooooooh La La!! Super cute!! TFS!

GrannyCharlotte said...

Love it. The card is adorable. TFS.

Beckie W said...

The stamp is so darn cute. I love your coloring. I can't wait to see the other stamp...and you were not the last person to know..I hadn't heard of them either..lol

SuzanneS said...

I got on the website for her stamps and oh my goodness does she have some cute stamps..you know I will have to have the dog...I just need to figure out and justify in my mind that I could use a stamp more than once....

Gaby ~ Scrapabookaholic said...

I too like them very much, but at $18 each??? hopefully they were discounted at CHA
You did a great job at coloring and I really like the poodle paper!

DonnaMundinger said...

Woo Hoo! How fun! I purchased a load of Loralies at he JAN CHA and have yet to use them. You've inspired me to dig mine out! Too cute! xxD

Traci said...

Absolutely LOVE this card! So creative!

BTW, there are some Loralie stamps for rent at Stamp Revolution (http://stamprevolution.com) for anyone who isn't ready to invest in purchasing them yet and just wants to try them out...