Sunday, August 1, 2010

Home Safe and Sound


I arrived at the airport last night from Chicago to find my husband waiting at the airport with pomegranate green tea and a big kiss for me.  How great is that?  I had a great time at CHA, but I am glad to be home.  It was so nice to meet so many people in person, especially Diane Campbell Payne, Joy Tracey, and Melanie Brown.  I really enjoy the Custom Crops ladies and was so pleased, again, to finally meet them. I made new MB friends - Genna and Denene, etc.  And finally I met two of my Bitten By the Bug 2 design team sisters, Krista Norman and Penny Schubert.  Krista was just as beautiful as I have always thought she is and Penny is adorable and sweet!  Donna and I posed for photos with them while we were working the Custom Crops make & tale area (which was sooo fun in itself).



In addition to receiving a new Cricut Imagine machine, I received two new cartridges from Provo Craft:  Happy Hauntings and Rock Princess. 



I also received paper and embellies from several companies: SEI, Imaginisce, 3 Bugs in a Rug, 3M, Little Yellow Bicycle, and Bo Bunny to name a few off the top of my head.  I received two T-shirts and tote bags, glue samples, glimmer mist, Amy Chomas pens, etc.  It was a merchandise bonanza. 

I ordered the new Spellbinders machine at a great discount price with free shipping.  By October first I will have a ton of new toys.  I can hardly wait. Below is a photo of the new Spellbinders Grand Calibur Machine.  When I go to the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Charlotte next month I think one of the very few items on my short little list is mega nestabilities. This new holds 8.5 x 11 inch paper.  Cool huh?

So that was my week in Chicago.  If I get time I will try to do my BBTB2 project today.  But right now I am blogging and "watching" a movie with my honey.

11 comments:

Angie said...

Glad you are home safely & had a great time! looks like you got lots of fun stuff!!

Wife2TJ said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time and got lots of goodies to create with. I live in Charlotte, but unfortunately will be unable to make it to CKC, but I hope you have a wonderful time there as well :-)

Dakota Bear said...

Happy to hear you arrived safely home with hubby greeting you at the airport. Sounds like to got yourself a good haul.

Bella and Aidee Mom said...

Susan,
OMGoodness Meeting you and Donna was the best ever...I really loved your personality and could tell you were just awesome...! I thought you were the sweetest ever...Hugs...Krista

Bella and Aidee Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crafty Carrie said...

I have been following all your adventures at CHA. Can't wait to see what you create with all those goodies. Thank you for the kind comments on my little 'ole blog.

Amy said...

Glad you had a good time, and made it home safely to your hubby!
All your new goodies are going to keep you very busy. Have fun!

Kim. said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip and met some great people. Glad your trip was safe and you are now enjoying some quality time.
Kim xXX

Beckie W said...

looks like you had a great time. I am going to CKC also!! It won't make up for missing CHA but I will shop my way thru lol

Regina Easter said...

hi susan, sounds like you girls had a ball..and like at my penny and krista, i am so glad they went to cha...they needed that time.....all of you girls look fabulous...hugs

Carolyn said...

Sounds like you made quite a haul at CHA. Enjoy your hubby & movie.