Monday, July 19, 2010

Feeling Unhinged? BBTB2 Challenge with Shelly's Stamps


Got Bath?  As a young bride whenever I became stressed my husband would suggest I take a bubble bath to relax.  Little did we realize that he was starting a practice that would endure for the next twenty-eight years, though today.  With this story in mind, I knew as soon as I spotted this digital stamp titled "Pamper Yourself" that this would be my BBTB2 project this week.


The challenge cut at BBTB2 is a hinge on the Fabulous Finds cartridge.  We also have a sponsor, Sally's Images, who provided us with our stamped images.  As I said above I chose the Pamper Yourself stamp.  Shelly’s Images store offers a variety of digital stamps for your paper craft projects. Please visit the store at http://www.shellysimages.com/.


I used copic markers and light blue stamping ink applied with a dabber from Stampin' Up to color my image.  The ink was great for the water in the tube, especially when highlighted with copic markers.  I finished the card with the "Got Bath?" circle stamp.  I added pop dots and created my image in three layers.  The elements which are visually closest to the viewer have the most layers so that they do, literally, pop out at you.


As a quick reminder, this is the last day to pre-order my dvd set at the pre-order discounted price.  Tomorrow the price will increase.


Have a great week!  And remember to relax a little.

9 comments:

Beckie W said...

Love the card..and who doesn't love a bubble bath.

Jeri said...

Love what you've done with this image. It sure does look inviting. I could sure use a soak in the tub. I really miss my huge jacuzzi tub at home while I'm in my camper. One of the few things I miss. LOL

Sentimental Scrapper said...

I have admired your work for a long time! I left a little something for you on my blog!

http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...

Hey, love the dimension here chicky and the sentiment is too cute! Fab job! (A week from tody we'll be in Chicago! WooHoo! xxD

Crayola58 said...

I love the take on this challenge, Susan. I love those cucumbers on the eyes too.
Hugs
Carole

**Treefrog** said...

Susan this is such a Cute card and a cute story. Love how you made everything pop off the page, love it! And the saying is perfect! LOL
Froggie ((Hugs)) Theresa

Creative Momma said...

Great image choice,girlie ;)
Love the dimension on this card and the sentiment is awesome...
HUgs
Marina

Julia Moss said...

I love your card. Makes me want to take a nice relaxing soak!

Heather said...

wow! This is just adorable. That image is so cute and I love the way you colored it in.