Monday, May 24, 2010

Vintage, So Much Nicer Than Old




Happy BBTB2 Monday.  I am going to open with an apology.  I have been busy for the last month with a special project and have been neglecting my blog(s) just a bit. My blogs and followers really are important to me so I promise to make improvements.


My first project for this week is a birthday card I made using Forever Young.  The challenge cut at BBTB2 is the dress form on FY.  I used the dress form and other FY elements to create a vintage birthday card.  I cut the cute swing dress, the fabulous hat, shoes and the VINTAGE label from FY. 


I matted my cuts on four layers of cardstock, two solids and two prints, and embellished with pearls.  I cut the card and the matting layers with Just Because Cards.  I have told you how much I love JBC haven't I???


The inside of the card contains the phrase "So Much Nicer Than Old" and the phrase is mounted on two layers of matting.  I simply need to add a birthday greeting and the card will be ready to present to a special "Vintage" birthday girl.

22 comments:

Margie said...

Susan, that is beautiful!!! Love all the cuts and the papers are gorgeous! Dig the sentiment! LOL!

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable Susan and that sentiment is a hoot! Looks like the perfect little shop window. Love it! xxD

Crayola58 said...

Susan, this is just so pretty .... the whole design is delicate and vintage. Love all those pearls...
Carole

Beth said...

Wow..very cute! What a great sentiment too! Love it!

Angie said...

Adorable. Love all the little details!!

4kids4 said...

What a great card...love the sentiment!! That dress is just so sweet...the pearls are fab! TFS!

Jeannie Phillips said...

Love love this..it looks so much like a store window...love all the pearls...I am just such a fan of your work always.
hugs
Jeannie

Jeri said...

Oh Susan I love the cute little undergarments you added onto your dress form. And that hat hanging on the top is just too cute. All the pearls for embellishment are beautiful.

Dakota Bear said...

Wonderful card! I love all the little details your have put into it.

dianne said...

Gorgeous card. I love what I have seen of your designs, and Im now a follower. TFS

Creative Momma said...

Beautiful choice of cuts...the papers are so beautiful and the sentiment made me chuckle :)
too adorable
Hugs
Marina

~JulieH~ said...

This is so pretty Susan I love the pinks and all the pearls and what a great sentiment!
juliexx

Amy said...

Very nice!
Glad you're back...

Jennifer said...

Just beautiful!!! Love all the pearls! :)

What cartridge did you use for the font on the inside?

Thanks so much,

Jennifer
partridgelu@yahoo.com

Julia Moss said...

This is so nice...I love the softness of it and all the detail. Great job.

**Treefrog** said...

Oh so Pretty! Love the pink and all the pearls, so girlie, I love it! Love the sentiment also, clever!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Melanie said...

So cute! :)

Susan said...

Hi Jennifer,

I used the non-tilted cursive letter, welded of course, from Opposites Attract for the inside sentiment.

Thanks for visiting.

Susan

joeygirl86 said...

This vintage card is sooo cute! I love how you added the bikini to the dress form..very creative! And the pearls are perfect!

Heather said...

Gorgeous!! Look at all those pearls!! WOW!! What a beautiful card.

Mindy said...

I just had to comment this is one of the most beautiful layouts I have ever seen, the colors are so pefect. Such talent thanks for sharing. Mindy1qc@msn.com

shelly said...

susan this is gorgeous!! love the sentiment you used along with this too.