Monday, April 12, 2010

Room For Rent


Happy BBTB2 Monday!!  The BBTB2 "challenge cut" for this week is the rick rack cut from the Plantin School Book cartridge. We could use the rick rack cut any way on any project we choose.  I have to tell you that I have used this cute little cut A LOT, often as a trim or embellishment.  This week the rick rack has become gingerbread trim for my birdhouse. 


Do you know a nice bird that needs a cute little house???  I have a room for rent!  I used three cartridges to create this cute card, Plantin Schoolbook for the rick rack cut, Just Because Cards for the matting layers and card, and Serenade for the bird house layers.  Serenade is a cartridge who's potential I have only begun to explore.  SOOO MANY cute, cute cuts on this cartridge!!

I embellished my bird house card with a strip of  navy ribbon, a blue polkadot daisy, and a bright red button across the bottom of the card.  As you can see in the photo below, I used pop dots to affix the bird house to the matting.  I also added strips of matching paper on the inside of the card.


Have you read the big news over at BBTB2?  We have seven (7!!) new design team members who will be joining the team with next week.  I am so excited to work with these fabulous designers!!!  Welcome ladies! I will have to find some serious MOJO for next week or I will be left in the scrap pile!!!

I have a busy week here at Busy with the Cricky so be sure to stop back tomorrow and see what else I have been up to.

11 comments:

SuzanneS said...

Hey another cute card...you have been busy...I so look forward to seeing what you have done...and you never disappoint me....

Crayola58 said...

Very cute, Susan. This cut has so many options to it.
Carole

Linda said...

Love this card. Did you emboss the daisy first? Thank you for this fun design.
Linda in Stanwood

Brenda Benoit said...

very cute...liking the "for rent"...

joeygirl86 said...

Oh I loove this! The bird house is adorable..another cart to add to my list..lol! I look forward to working with you next week on BBTB2! :)

Heather said...

Ooooooo...I really want the Just Because cart but I can't find it at a price I'm willing to pay. I LOVE how you used the rick rack. This is just so darn creative.

Creative Momma said...

Super idea for the ric rac....such a cute little house :)
Hugs
Marina

Margie said...

Just darling, Susan!!! That rick rack makes the perfect birdhouse trim! Love your papers, girl!

CelticWoman said...

Susan, love what you did with the ric rac, this is a darling card. Hugs

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is sooo cute, Susan! Love the red, white and blue, and the little "for rent" sign is an adorable touch! xxD

Jeri said...

Love how you trimmed your birdhouse with the rick rack. This is just a darling card. Hugs,Jeri