Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Life Is Just Peachy


I love the new Just Because Cards - in the words of an earlier era, it's just Peachy!!  There are so many cute cards, phrases, and image cuts.  If you have not already purchased this cartridge, I promise that when you do it will become one of your favorites.


I cut the peach and tag with shadow layers from Just Because cards by first designing the card in CDS.  I added the card and the matting layers to the virutal mat so that I could see aheard of time what my finished card would look like.  I usually make my first page in a cut file a Preview page.  I do this because my memory is not what it used to be (and never was what it should have been) and the preview page will remind me at a later date of what I intended with the cut file.


I used copic markers and my gel pen on the peach and tag as well as on the paper flowers.  But the fun part of this card was the ribbon.  I used wide organza ribbon which I twisted and zig zagged into place.  I then straight stitched around the top matting layer and hand sewed the buttons over the flowers. 


I especially like the printed paper on mat three.  Such a delicate, pretty print.  It was just the touch the card need to make the middle front "pop". 

10 comments:

Clare D. said...

I love this peach card, and your blog background! Can you please tell us who made the background? Thanks!

Carrie said...

I just discovered your blog by following a link from Obsessed with Scrapbooking. You do beautiful work!

DonnaMundinger said...

Yummy colors Susan! Love, love love, this card with those gorgeous embellies! xxD

TypicalScrapbooker said...

That card is super cute !! TFS !
HUGS, JANIE

maryanns said...

Beautiful card. I have this cartridge and am beginning to use it. Thanks for explaining the details of your card layout. These added details really add to the beauty of your card.

Susan from SC said...

Love, love, love this card! Gorgeous colors! I wish I had your eye for color!

SuzanneS said...

Hey I like this card...almost good enough to eat !!! I love love Peaches

Kasee said...

Hi I just found your blog when I image searched house warming invitations and I love the one you have on the right side of the blog page, Do you have a link to the instructions or comments. Im hosting a housewarming for friends and I really love this invite! thanks so much!

Creative Bug said...

Just have to tell you I love your designs, you have such a creative flair as well as eye for color!

thank you!

Linda Lee

Carissa Peach said...

I should get this cartridge as my blog is called Just Peachy Creations...and everything I do is peachy. Love the card!