Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Life Is Just A Bowl of Cherries Cards


I recently added a new stamp set to my collection:  Berries and Cherries was purchased from Taylored Expressions.  Taylor has some of the cutest themed cupcake stamps on the markets.  But at the moment I in a fruit phase so I chose cherries.


I stamped the bowl of cherries image in Stampin' Up's chocolate brown classic ink.  I colored in with Copic markers.  I cut the bowl image and the background scalloped matting using my nestabilities.  I also used a new Stampin' Up border punch to finish the edges of the red and gold papers.


I used a circle punch to cut out the phrase cirlce: "Life is just a blow of Cherries".  I mounted the phrase over a strip of yellow-gold ribbon which I tied into a little knot.  The card front section is mounted on a plain white A2 cardstock card base. 

I know this was a quicky post, but I am having a busy week!! 

Remember to leave a comment under my Monday's BBTB2 blog hop post to be in the drawing for the Mother's Day mini cartridge.

9 comments:

Jennifer H said...

Love your choice of background paper. It goes well with the cherries. Thanks for sharing.

Janis said...

Love the vibrant colors of this! I remember reading a book ages ago.... and I can't think of the author's name event though she is really popular.... and it was called, "If Live Is A Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?" Yes, it was a comedy.

Dakota Bear said...

Erma Bombeck is the author.

Very cheery colors of this card should cheer anyone up.

Amy said...

Very pretty - love the stamps and patterned paper! TFS

Crafty Sue said...

What a talented lady you are! I'm definitely a follower now! Love this card. TFS

DonnaMundinger said...

Sooo cute! A "fruit phase", eh? You out of Graphic 45 paper? LOL Love the colors and the sentiment. Erma also wrote "The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank". She's a hoot! xxD

Lisa said...

I'm with you...loving fruit! LOL This is so adorable! I love it!! I really love the punch, I have to get one!!!!

Mine was "I never promised you a rose garden." My Mom was so nice to spell it out to me when I was 5. ;) Seriously..I miss her so much right now, especially as this is the month of her passing, 5 years this 23rd. But I have all the great memories, no card to make, but that's OK..she is always in my heart.

I don't know why I went off on that tangent...issues much? hehehe

Thanks Susan for all your projects, they are so wonderful, and what I love the most is that all of them are so colorful and gorgeous! I found the 1.00 cherry albums at M's and cant' wait to get started on some cute mini albums!

Happy NSD and Crafty Fruity Hugs,
from one of the biggest Fruits around! LOL

Lisa Sturgill :)

amy said...

Very cute! Thank you for sharing that with us.

Sassy Scrapin' said...

I so so love this card! It is precious!