Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Bird-Day Card for my Mother-in-Law


My mother-in-law's birthday (84) is three weeks away so I thought it was time to get going on a card for her. She is a diminutive, southern woman who enjoys the beauty of various birds - so of course this called for a Bird-Day card!


As luck would have it I stumbled upon a FREE copy of the Serenade cartridge yesterday! (Let’s all say WOO-HOO for free cartridges)! Okay I didn’t really stumble - - it was sent to me along with a warranty replacement cricut expression from Provo Craft. And what is on the Serenade cartridge??? Bird cages and birds – YES!!


I really like how this card came out. More importantly I think my mother-in-law will really like the card. She is very supportive of my paper crafting, even sharing projects I send to her with her friends. Of course now that I know that I do try to make her projects “share worthy”.


I used not just the Cricut and Serenade on this card, but also the tall nesties – scalloped and plain, the rectangular nesties – scalloped and plain, and part of a stamp set by Darcie’s. I used Stampin’ Up ink, Core'dination carstock, assorted other paper, and pink ribbon from my stash.


3 comments:

Live Love and Scrap said...

I absolutely LOVE this card...its so beautiful!!! I didnt think I would use this cart....but I am so loving bird cages all of a sudden =) Guess I will have to add it to my every growing list of must have cartridges!!!

iluvmybugs said...

Beautiful card Susan...your mil is going to love it!!! TFS

Terry

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous Susan, and the paper is perfect! xxD