Monday, February 15, 2010

For the New Mr. & Mrs.


It is Monday and that means it is time for the weekly BBTB2 challenge to post.  This week's challenge is very special in that it is being sponsored by our own Regina Easter and her blog, The Cutting Cafe.  We were allowed to choose one of Regina's amazing sets to feature in our projects.  We all used the locked hearts cuts from the Wedding cartridge along with our Cutting Cafe set.  I chose Regina's Congratulations On Your Wedding Cirlce Set and created a Wedding card.


I chose black, pink and white as my color pallet.  I cut the heart shadows in a black and white polka dot pattern from the Heidi Swapp's Runway paper set (currently on sale at Custom Crops).  The distressed pink stripe is also from the Heidi Swapp set.  The detailed heart cut was done in smooth white cardstock. 


I used Martha Stewart's heart border punch to finish the bottom edge of the card.  I backed the card front in a distress pink "solid" from the Heidi Swapp to better display the border punch pattern.


I used my oval nesties to cut out and emboss the "For the New Mr. & Mrs." tag.  I backed the tag with a scalloped oval nestie cut in solid pink.  I embellished the card with Prima flowers, ribbon, and a button.  The finishing touch was the wedding heart pin added to the flowers. 

9 comments:

CelticWoman said...

Susan oh so pretty, my goodness so many wonderful details, love the pin, the polka dots are great and that border, wonderful card. Hugs

Creative Momma said...

WOW...this is one of my favorite color combos...I love how that pink just pops...Your details on these are amazing...
I missed some of your work this past week and am happy I caught up...that heart last week is a BIG WOW...beautiful
Hugs
Marina

Crayola58 said...

Sp pretty,. so pretty. This is just beautiful....I love all of the wonderful details.
Hugs
Carole

Jeri said...

Oh, this is wonderful, Susan. I love how you added that Mr. & Mrs. to the card. The colors are scrumptious.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh I LOVE this Susan! How bright and happy! ADORABLE card! xxD

joeygirl86 said...

Very cute! i like the papers you used!

Regina Easter said...

wow susan, this came out fantastic...i love the colors you choose to...hugs

Melissa said...

This is a great card! TFS

MelissaAllore

Heather said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous! I love the color combo and that heart border punch on the bottom.