Tuesday, November 17, 2009

CWTC Home Decor Tuesday - Guest Designer Spot



Happy Home Decor Tuesday!  Over at the Christmas With The Cricut the ladies are celebrating Home Deco Tuesday so I made this adorable recipe box complete with section dividers and matching recipe cards.


The box is made by Bare Elements and is actually a chest.  Bare Elements does produce a rectangular recipe box but is lacks the cute curved top of the treasure chest.  To get started on the recipe box, I painted all of the edges with red ink.  I wanted any "white" that might peek through to be red to match the trim.  I then used Inaginisece Polar Bear Expressions cardstock to cover the chest (with careful measuring and placement it took a little less than two 12 x 12 inch sheets).


I used a combination of Core'dination cardstock, Bazzill cardstock, and additional Inaginisece Polar Bear Expressions cardstock to cut the mittens, shadows, and Recipe label and shadow.  I chose the mitten cut from Winter Woodlands to embellish the top of the box because of the mitten sets in the background of the polar bear paper.

The band around the edge of the lid was created using a snowflake from Winter Woodland welded together over and over to create a decorative band.  I will admit that I worried if the flakes would cut cleanly since they were so timy.  But never fear, they came out perfect.  Oh my Cricut makes me so happy sometimes!!!


I used From My Kitchen to create labels and food images as well as the basic cards for my section dividers.  I used more of the lovely tags from Winter Woodlands as backgrounds for the food cuts, which were, of course, cut with the FMY cartridge.


And finally a rear view!  Oh to look that good from the rear!!! LOL.



If you have not already done so, be sure to visit Jeannie's blog, A Place for my Cards and check out her Home Decor Tuesday project.  She is sure to knock your socks off so you'd better be sitting down!!!

39 comments:

justyolie said...

Wow!! This box is awesome!!

Ladybug Diva said...

These are my Kitchen colors! I love recipe boxes and was so excited about this cartridge because of this very project! Thanks so much for sharing your ideas with us... you do such beautiful work! And your instructions are perfect!

Tammy
Christmas With The Cricut

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

WOW! I love the colors and this box with the curved lid is adorable! great job again!

Christina said...

What a great idea. I love it!
Christina

mswillie said...

I LOVE your recipe box!! That is so awesome!!! I am getting that cart and making some for gifts!!! lol (hopefully)!! Have a great day and great work!! I am impressed!!
Tina

Mom2Fiveplus3 said...

Love your recipe box and the cards inside are amazing.

Maria said...

Love your recipe box and how you used pattern papers for you food images.

Marlene W said...

I Love your recipe box and dividers.
what a great gift that would make.

Karen said...

I want to do a recipe box for my son for when he (I know it will be a long time) moves out. With all his favourite receipes. I love this idea. Thanks for sharing.

Monique said...

This is lovely !!

melanie said...

Boy, that was some work, but I am so scraplifting it ;-)

Brens Designs said...

Awesome idea! Love everything about it. I have that cart and love the cuts. Now maybe I'll use it for this. Thanks for sharing!!!

Jeannie Phillips said...

I love love your recipe box...its wonderful...great job... I need one of these... Love how it matched the CWTC stuff.... too fun... I am excited to see tomorrows project...I love love your work.
Hugs
Jeannie

alwayscharlie said...

Fabulous! I love this idea! What a great present....

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh too cute Susan! Love how you did the pix on the dividers. How fun! xxD

motcm said...

This is such a beautiful idea for a gift! TFS

love2create said...

Love the divider cards. Great job!

vrosina said...

Great idea....trying to find a project for my nieces ages 7 - 11 to work on. This might be it could coordiante the recipe box to match their mom's kitchen. Love it!

dawnie mc said...

great job. i need one for my kitchen.

Deena said...

Great box!! Love the idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

Katherine said...

Wow! This is fabulous.

TERIBERI said...

Susan that is WONDERFUL!!!!! Just love this idea. Big hugs, T

Live Love and Scrap said...

WOW SUSAN!!! This is the cutest thing ever!!! You are so stinkin creative and talented...love all the ways you used your Cricut!!! It's just wonderful =)

Regina Easter said...

oh susan, what a fabulous project..hugs

Happy Hardy Family said...

oh my, this is so cute!! and such a great idea!!!! thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

You are sooo clever!! LOVE the recipe box ~ and your index cards are FABULOUS!! Looks like a job from the heart!
Susan

LilGreenBug said...

Very cute project!!!

Billie said...

Love this recipe box. Hope to make one real soon.
bmmcham@cox.net

4kids4 said...

That's so cute! Great job on the divider cards...they're fantastic!

TFS! ~Sharon

Jessica said...

Well done again Susan! I like the trunk, or chest box top too! TFS

janst said...

Hi Susan, Love your 'box' and inners... lot of hard work there, thank you for sharing.

Ladybug said...

Susan, your recipe box is "scrumptious" looking! ;-)
Love your dividers, top, rear --- ah, heck -- LOVE it all!! ;-) TFS!

LisaRN499 said...

The recipe box is just adorable!!! I love how you made the dividers, so cute!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa Sturgill

Sharon Caudle said...

WOOHOO Susan!!!! LOVE this! What an amazing project and a LOT of work too! I love it! hugs!

Sharon said...

This is just fabulous! I love how you did the recipe box and the cards are just beautiful! Would make a fantastic gift for anyone from a wedding shower to a housewarming to a just because I luv ya! The instructions are so easy to follow. Thanks for sharing this great project with us! :)

Ryansmaama said...

Love this recipe box. Such a cute idea. -- Ryansmaama
gkburrow@cmaaccess.com

Dayna said...

Cute recipe box, those mittens are super cute. Thanks for sharing.

chignon said...

Great recipe box and I love the rounded top! Love the dividers and all the details - TFS

Patty said...

I cannot believe the ceativity of you all. I have got to start making some presents using my G and my Cricut!!! Thanks for all the ideas and how to's!

Patty