Wednesday, November 18, 2009

CWTC Gift Packaging Wednesday - Guest Designer


It's Gift Packaging Wednesday at CWTC!!!  In addition to the two required cartridges, Winter Woodlands and From My Kitchen, I also used Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More to create vellum gift bags with layered label and mini card sets. 

I have always struggled with cutting vellum on my Cricut but I believe I have solved my previous issues:  I needed to use a very, very sticky mat!!!  That was all it took to cut these adorable boxes using the inch box cut on TBBM. 

To create the mini cards and labels I used tag shapes from WW and added ovals as cut outs from FMK.  I welded two of the tags together to create the base mini card.  I used additonal cuts from each of the two cartridges and finished by adding touches of Stickles. 


I finished the gift package sets off by running ribbon through holes at the top of the boxes and tied them closed with matching Christmas Ribbons. My gift bags and mini cards are all set to go under the tree or be delivered to friends!


If you have not already done so, be sure to visit Jeannie's blog, A Place for my Cards and check out her Gift Packaging Wednesday project ....  Note to self - ask Jeannie to help me with all of my holiday packaging as she is amazingly talented!!!


18 comments:

Christina said...

So Cute.

TERIBERI said...

Those are all beautiful!!!! Hugs, T

Mom2Fiveplus3 said...

What a great idea. I love them.

clinorose said...

Lovely!! Thank yo so much for sharing!!

Shari said...

I love spending more time on packaging that I do the actual gift shopping. Thanks for all the great ideas.

melanie said...

Such beautiful stuff, Susan!!!

Jeannie Phillips said...

You are blowing me away this week girlfriend... these are just beautiful...stunning....love your work and what you are doing... I can't wait to see your scrapbook page!!...I am usually terrible at those just terrible!!!... I have one project with the From My Kitchen...I emailed and asked if I had to use it on both every time... I just couldn't think that way...and am so jealous and how you were able too... your work is just stunning...

Oh I just caught the wedding pictures they are beautiful...just beautiful.
hugs
Jeannie

Jessica said...

Very pretty!!! I don't have the design software, so I have to cut an paste, but I'm sure it would be close enough! TFS

Sharon said...

Just love these! :)

AndreaA said...

very, very cute!!!
I love your work!!

Ladybug said...

Susan -- "eye catching", just like candy!! Love your tags! TFS! :-)

LisaRN499 said...

I think your cards, and matching bags are just lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Sturgill

janst said...

Susan, this is truly a beautiful project... So giveable!
TFS

4kids4 said...

Such pretty packaging!

~Sharon

Margie said...

I just love these, Susan! What a great idea to use vellum for the bags and I really, really like the colors you used. Dig the holiday cupcakes.... yummy!

dianne said...

Thanks for the tip on cutting vellum, love the bags and bird.

Brens Designs said...

What a cute idea! I love all of them! Thanks for sharing.

alwayscharlie said...

What a great gift project. They are so pretty and everyone would enjoy receiving them!