Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas With The Cricut Simple Card Monday - Guest Designer


Happy Simple Card Monday at Christmas With the Cricut!  I am so excited to be sharing the Guest Designer Spots this week with Jeannie Phillips.  Jeannie is an amazing artist and paper crafter - I am in awe of her work.  Jeannie and I will be using two Cricut cartridges this week to create all of our projects:  Winter Woodlands and From My Kitchen.

For Simple Card Monday I went simple!  I used Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses printed cardstock, Core'dination White Washed Cardstock, silver metallic cardstock, swiss dot Bazzill cardstock, Bazzill buttons, pink ribbon, and pop dots to create my card.


I cut an A2 base card in pink Bazzill, and then added a rectangle of Eskimo Kisses to the front.  I then cut one of the amazing tags on Winter Woodlands in Swiss Dot Bazzill and used it as a mat.  I cut my words and the word shadows in Core'dinations White Washed cardstock and sanded the Winter Fun phrase to make it POP visually.  I also used pop dots under the word shadow and the between the whisk and its shadow.



I added a second ribbon around the Eskimo Kisses layer and tied through a button.  I finished th card off with doodling in white and navy.  


Inside the card I left room to add an invitation for girlfriends to come over for a cookie baking day!


If you have not already done so, be sure to visit Jeannie's blog, A Place for my Cards and check out her Simple Card Monday project.  Be prepared to OOOH and AAHHH a lot - I always do when looking at Jeannie's work!!! 

32 comments:

iluvmybugs said...

Great card Susan and congrats on your Guest Designer spot on CWTC!!!! Look forward to seeing all your projects this week!!

Hugs,
Terry

Christina said...

Susan, I love your card. Looking forward to seeing what you make the rest of this week.
Christina

Shari said...

Love your card Susan. I also think that would make a GREAT cover for a recipe box. I'm collecting all my recipes for my 2 daughters so they can start making goodies from their homes for the holidays. Thanks for the idea :0)

Suzanne said...

Very nice card. My family would love this with a loaf of nut bread...hmmm. Great idea thanks.
Sue
wanats@yahoo.com

melanie said...

love this card! Very clever sentiment!!

Jeannie Phillips said...

I can not wait to see your harder card...this is stunning!!... you have done a beautiful beautiful job!!...I love it!
Hugs
Jeannie

Mom2Fiveplus3 said...

Love this card. What a cute sentiment.

Margie said...

That is so pretty, Susan! Love the sentiment and LOVE the colors and papers!

Ladybug Diva said...

LOVE YOUR CARD SUSAN! My favorite part is the whisk!

Tammy
Christmas With The Cricut

love2create said...

Very cute and love the colors!

Jean

okie_ladybug said...

Love the colors Susan! But of course it is Basic Grey so that means it's gotta be good! I like your sentiment you did!

kim said...

Love this. Thanks for sharing.

kim

Chris said...

I am getting so many ideas my head is spinning.

justyolie said...

Yes I was just over at their blog, congrats. Loving the whisk!!

Looking forward to seeing what you make the rest of this week.

Dayna said...

Beautiful card... looking forward to seeing what else you make this week. Thanks for sharing!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Darling Susan! The colors are as yummy as the design. Hugs! D

janst said...

Oh Susan, this is a beautiful card.. your shapes, colour and layout of this cards is fabulous...
excited about the week ahead.
TFS

LilGreenBug said...

Such a cute and colorful card!! Can't wait to see what else you make this week!!!

HappyHappyJoyJoy said...

Susan - this card is just absolutely fabulous!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I love how you incorporated the word art!! Fantastic job!!

Jessica said...

Hey Susan, congrats on the guest designer spot! I love the card. I'm looking forward to this whole week! TFS

Susan said...

Susan,
Your card just makes me smile! Love the layering and colors used. Beautiful job!
Susan

LisaRN499 said...

Lovely card!!!! I am so looking forward to seeing what else you will be making this week!!!

Your neighbor from Augusta, (LOL)
Lisa Sturgill :)

alwayscharlie said...

Susan, your card is terrific! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us the rest of the week.

Maria said...

This is such a cute card!

I love your blog, and have signed up to follow.
Can't wait to see what other projects you have in store for us.

Jill W. said...

Found your blog from Christmas with the Cricut and I love the card you've made. You say "simple" but this card is stinkin cute.
Great job, I love the way you layered the interior of the card as well.
Thanks for sharing,
~Jill

Ladybug said...

I have always been a huge fan of yours. Your creativity is amazing! Really cute card, as per usual! ;-) Can't wait to see what's in store for us, the rest of the week. Welcome to CWTC!! :-)

Michele said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors! I may do something like this one, thanks for the inspiration!

cinmfoster said...

Great card, thanks for sharing

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

I LOVE these colors, which are "unusual" for me but I love the saying too, filed away for scraplifting!

Brens Designs said...

I Love this card! Congrats on being a guest designer for CWC!

TERIBERI said...

STUNNING!!!! Love the colors on this card. Hugs, T

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card, Susan!! A huge congrats on your Guest Design spot! It's very well deserved! WHOOT WHOOT!!! hugs!