Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Scrap Room - A Work In Progress


My scrap room, which has been shared on this blog previously, continues to change and flow (as opposed to grow!).  I find that as I continue to expand my scrapping/card making supplies and (hopefully) abilities, my room has changes with me.  It always seems cluttered to me, but I think that is my attempt to keep most of my supplies within sight.



My scrap room is actually our 4th and smallest bedroom.  My older son was a senior in college when we purchased this house so I knew chances were that he would never move home.  Initially I had a twin bed in the room.  But when my daughter moved into a house at college, she took all of her furniture with her.  I used that opportunity to put two twin beds in her former room as well as lay claim to all of the scrap room.



I purchased the Scrap-in-Style cube desk set and moved the cricut and the computer to the second desk.  Santa brought me the wall organizer that I use as a hutch on the cube desk.  Also, in top drawer under the cricut, I have my cartridges organized so that when I open the drawer I can see all of the carts immediately.



I found this white shelf unit on close-out at Target for $60 and grabbed it!  It is actually as tall as me, so I have to reach up for the items on top.  The good news is I do not use those items very often.  The top shelf is great for storing my Stampin' Up stamp sets.  The shelf-it containser hold loose stamps and ink that is used less often.  My nesties and Gypsy reside on the bottom shelf.


I know my space is not nearly as FAB as some that I have seen on line, but I really am happy with it - mess and all!!


7 comments:

Jessica said...

Susan, I love your scrap room. I'd like to have a whole room and some day I'm sure I will. Just now it's best if I use the back corner of the living room so I can keep an eye on mom. Who'll be 90 in April.

Kristina said...

I think your room is just great! Every time I see someone elses cradtspace I find something that I'd like to change about mine:) I quess there's a need for change in all of us.

Margie said...

Okay, Susan, where did you get those wooden shelves that are holding your 12x12 paper? It looks like they have removable shelves... I NEED THOSE!!! Your room looks fantastic! Is it always that neat?

CelticWoman said...

Susan, what a wonderful place to create and look at all that organization. Love it, Happy Friday. Sandi

Veronika said...

your room looks fantastic to me ...I wished I was as organized as you...enjoy it!!!

Nikki said...

Thanks for Sharon! My fiance is in the middle of making my new crafting station. It's funny because have those white cube storage units and the wall unit. What a great idea to use it as a hutch as opposed to putting it on the wall! Where my current tiny work station is we hung the wall unit and had to use molly screws which I had to use because it puts big holes in the wall. ;p

Ladybug said...

Susan, your scraproom is to "die for"! It's gorgeous!! Love the crown clock -- is that for the "princess of the room"?? ;-) I have a ME pic "Princess of Quite a Lot". ;-)