Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Spooky Halloween Decor



I had a wonderful surprise today: I received a surprise UPS delivery from Custom Crops. It contained two spray cans of Crafter's Companion, a new product for cleaning and resurfacing your cricut mats. Also in the box was the new cartridge, Winter Woodlands. Sweet!!

I wasn't feeling 100% today; my allergies in over-drive with sneezing, sniffling, coughing and general snorting (well not really) pretty much confined me to the house. What a perfect day to play with a new cartridge.




Maria, a member of the Custom Crops design team, made THE CUTEST 3D Halloween house using Winter Woodlands. Sadly she did not use design studio so there was no cut file. I thought I would have a go at my own 3D Haunted House.




I used Bldg 5 on the cartridge, and set the cutting size to 10 inches for all parts of the house. Like Maria, I used Paper Doll Dress Up for my haunting pieces: Ghosts, spider webs, mummies, etc.

I mounted my house, tree, tombstones, and assorted confetti trim on a piece of 12 x 12 hunter green cardstock and placed it the Haunted 3D scene in a Southern Living at Home tray. The tray will make it easy to relocate the house should need arise, but also it looks cut on my coffee table.



By the way, I have not stated how awesome the Winter Woodlands seems to be. I cannot wait to spend more time playing!!

12 comments:

Margie said...

OMG! Susan, that is awesome! I've been dying to make one of those 3-D houses on that new cart so I was so happy to see this! Love your dimensional tree and all the accessories! VERY COOL!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Awesome job on the 3D house, you will have to let us know what you think about the rest of the cart.

hugs
Kaye x

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable Susan! Love this as a Halloween house! Such fun accessories too! Smart thinking to make it moveable. Hope you feel better sweetie! At least you had a nice surprise. xxD

Jessica said...

Thanks so much, I've just gotten my new cart too, so I sure will be making some houses! TFS

Debi said...

uIt is so neat!!! What cart did you use for the tree? I would to make this for my DG room. so if you don't mine can you give me all the cart you use for this. THANKS SO MUCH for all the great cards & other thing you make and share with us.....

Susan said...

Hi Debi,

The tree was made using Paper Doll Dress Up. The tree was cut two times at 10 inches. I then cut half down one trunk and half up the other trunk and connected the two trees.

Good Luck,
Susan

Ladybug Diva said...

Great job!! My favorite part is your tree!! Great idea! TFS!

Tammy
Christmas With The Cricut

Debi said...

Thanks you so much. I can't wait to start this. I think my DGS will love it I going to make me one too..

Mom2Fiveplus3 said...

That is so cool. I have that tray also so I know where my 3D houses are going. Thanks

iluvmybugs said...

Great job Susan...I can't wait to get my cartridge so I can start playing with it ( I won mine on the giveaway Provocraft is doing!!)

Can't wait to see what else you create...and feel better!!!

~Terry

Kelly said...

WOW this is awesome! Looks like you put a lot of work into it!

Justin said...

I just love your 3D Halloween house... It is amazingly cute!! I found more scary stuff at Meijer for indoor decoration!!