Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Very Easy Egg Card - for Easter, Of Course!

So once again I was reading the cricut message board - yes, I really do have a life beyond the mb - and found a thread discussing Easter Cards. I also found out that Doodlecharms has an Egg shape. What makes that so interesting is that when I searched by keyword for Egg, the DC egg does not show up. Anyway, someone on the mb posted about the DC egg and this is what I came up with.
First, the created the cut file in a 6 x 12 format. Of course you only have to change the mat size for the expression - this is what I do. I also copy and past the base card cut again on the larger mat. I do this because when you cut the top layer on page 2 of the design, you cut it in two different colors so that your egg may have two colors on top. I actually did this with four colors of cardstock and now have four lovely, if very simple, egg cards (though in the photos only one is decorated... I am too busy eating cupcakes to do more tonight!!).

16 comments:

projectsgalor said...

These are so cute. Would love the cut file.
TFS

Marjorie said...

Love the Easter Egg Card and i do appreciate you sharing the file.

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

SUPER CUTE......THANKS FOR SHARING WITH US......

BOBBI

gcat510 said...

These eggs are Egg-ceptional!
Thank you for sharing

Debbie said...

I have been looking for an idea for a cute Easter card and you just gave it to me. Thanks so much!

Neva said...

These are really adorable!! Would love the cut file!! How do I get it?
Neva

Neva said...

Never mind, I got it, can't see what is in front of my face!! Thank you so much!! Neva

DEBORAH said...

Thanks for sharing the file. This is a cute card for Easter.

Our Journey to China said...

This is so cute, may I please have this cut file.

jkm1950@gmail.com

Thank you so much

Carol said...

So beautiful! Neat idea, love how you decorated the egg; looks very festive... tfs!

1derland said...

I love these! I was thinking about this in my head and now you've gone and done it even better! Excellent! TFS!

happy2scrap56 said...

would love this cute cut file, thanks again for sharing.
happy2scrap56@yahoo.com

happy2scrap56 said...

would love to have cut file, thanks for sharing agin

happy2scrap56@yahoo.com

Suzanne said...

These cards are so cute!! I'd love the cut file. Thank you so much for sharing your hard work!

boopfan57 said...

those are adorable, can I get the cut file?

Marian

jazzy said...

Susan I love your eggs. They are so Cute!
Will you share with me?
Thank you