Thursday, February 19, 2009

Home Sick for the Day = More Cards

I spent today home sick. I think I had a 24 hour virus. I first began to feel unwell yesterday afternoon, the night was horrid, the morning was icky, the afternoon was so-so, then suddenly at dinner time I WANTED FOOD! Sometime late this afternoon I finally ventured into my scrapping room. I had a few cards to assemble and embellish (previously posted Easter cards). Then I thought I would do a little stamping.

First I used embossing ink and black sparkly embossing powder and created this card:


Next, I continued with the embossing ink and embossed with silver powder. I then used my embossing ink pen and colored in various spaces using cream embossing powder. Finally I went back and filled in a few more spaces and used holographic embossing powder. This is triple embossing effect:





And finally I stamped Holly. She is so cute, and I had yet to stamp her. So tonight was the night. I colored her with markers, then embossed her bow.


So.... I really hope tomorrow finds me completely back to normal!!!

7 comments:

Crafty Carrie said...

Your cards are so cute and I just wanted to tell you I so enjoy your blog and look at it often thanks for the inspiration. We do have something in common I too have a son who is a senior in HS. I have just started a blog would you mind if you have so time to take a look and see how I can improve
thanks

my blog is http://csexton.blogspot.com/

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Susan, sorry to hear about your flu! Hope it was only the 24 hour kind. Obviously you must be feeling better since your cards are fabulous! Love the embossing (I have to go read about that triple technique again (so cool!) and your little image is adorable. xxD

Regina Easter said...

oh my all of these are stunning...so glad that you are feeling better...hugs

Clare D. said...

Hope you are feeling better. Can you advise who makes that H stamp? Thanks!

Susan said...

Clair, the H stamp actually says "Hope" and is one of a four piece set by Stampin' Up. The other stamps are "Joy" "Cherish" and "Thanks".

Stamp with Steph said...

Susan, I love the cards, they're gorgeous! I had sooo much fun yesterday, thanks again for inviting me. :)

Susan said...

Clare, if you are still looking for the stamp set, it is called Illuminations and you can order it here: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/stampwithsteph/

Susan