Monday, September 8, 2008

Sympathy Card with an Acetate Overlay

A good friend / co-worker /corporate boss of my husband lost her father this last week. She is wonderfully spiritual woman, but is hurting at the depth of her loss. At a loss for what else we might do, I thought she might appreciate a handmade card.

I had been wanting to make an acetate card, but had not had the opportunity until now. I used a sheet of acetate on the outside, with cardstock stickers, and cardstock on the inside, again with cardstock stickers. I punched holes through all four layers and used black ribbon to tie the card's "binding". Overall, I think I like the acetate overlay effect, though it is a technique I plan to spend some more time learning to use.



1 comment:

Regina Easter said...

wow susan,this is very pretty........hugs..