Sunday, August 17, 2008

Home from the CKC Convention in Charlotte

Four very tired women rolled into Aiken around 8:30 Saturday night, following three packed-full fun days in Charlotte at the CKC Scrapbooking Convention. I took five classes, volunteered in three classes, and shopped, shopped, and shopped!

This was my third year attending the convention, and it did not disappoint. All five of my classes were wonderful! I learned new techniques and sampled new products, I witnessed scrapbooking at it's best and scrapbookers at their collective best! The spirit of helpfulness and bonding through mutual interest was awesome.
I was more organized in my shopping ventures this year. The vendor faire had 148 vendors. Sadly, organization did not save $$$. I spent more than ever before. Ouch. I am taking my friend Suzanne's suggestion and creating a special convention fund for next year. I purchased new, exciting papers, an adhesive gun, lots and lots of Prima florals and Prima "Say it with Crystals", lots of glue dots (at a great price), stickles, brads, buttons, and bling, and several kits. I also signed up for the Scraptique monthly club kit. All in all, I made quite the haul!!

I spread my loot out on my L shaped desk and photographed it for posterity, then spent most of the afternoon sorting and organizing and putting away.

I learned a lot of new embossing techniques at the Powder Keg. This evening I played with my new products and can tell this is going to become addictive. I also finished two class projects.

No comments: