Monday, July 7, 2008

Vinyl Addict

I have been quite busy creating wall art using the cricut and provocraft vinyl. I have produced cuts for three distinctly different areas in my home; 1) the breakfast room, 2) the great room, and 3) my son's room.



For the breakfast area I chose whimsical using letters from Mini monograms to create a fun phrase. The doorway from my breakfast room into the formal dining room is about 4 feet wide. With my 9 foot ceilings I had plenty of room above the door molding to place 6 inch letters.



For the great room I chose a more elegant style, linking three Home Accent cuts together to create a visual transition between the built in shelves and the decorative wrought iron. The built-in shelves are above a gas fireplace, so the addition of the vinyl cut added to this focal area.



Lastly, I played with band logos. My younger son, 17, kept looking at the breakfast area cut and finally asked me if I try to make some vinyl cuts for him. He gave me a list of band logos/names and I was able to closely approximate five of them. He was thrilled!!! And he now thinks my cricut rocks!!!

No comments: